Antworten
Seite 6 von 29 ErsteErste ... 4567816 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 51 bis 60 von 288
  1. User Info Menu

AW: Who watches English/American movies in original?

Zitat Zitat von Polarstern Beitrag anzeigen
    Yes and no. I like Fargo a lot - and think that the Big Lebowsky is hopelessly overrated.
    Your turn to gimme five
    I quite liked Burn After Reading, even though I can't say I really understood what it was all about.
    I haven't watched No Country For Old Men and The Man Who Wasn't There (yet).
    Ich habe eine Wassermelone getragen.

2. User Info Menu

Zitat Zitat von Asphaltblume Beitrag anzeigen
    Oh yes - I happened to stop for lunch at the pub they shot the interior of the pub in Local Hero in, when I was cycling with a friend from Glasgow over to Skye. It was in the early 90ies and we had watched Local Hero on telly only a short time before, so we instantly recognized it. Of course they changed some things around, like the door to the kitchen in the movie really lead to some other room altogether.
    It was Lochailort Inn, quite close to the wee chapel with the graveyard around it - only there ist no graveyard around it in reality, they just put up a lot of styrofoam headstones. Most of the outside village scenes where shot on the east coast of Scotland in Pennan, though.
    Isn't it interesting to be at a place that once was a film set?

I was lucky to travel four times on the Nile on the more than 100 years old steam ship, where "Death on the Nile" with Peter Ustinov as Hercule Poirot was shot. Awesome!

And I travelled a few times to Ait Benhaddou in Morocco, where lots of movies have been produced (the place itself however is so overwhelming, that every movie pales beside it).
    Geändert von Mediterraneee (04.03.2010 um 07:34 Uhr)
    Wir werden weitermachen!

3. User Info Menu

Oh yes - I happened to stop for lunch at the pub they shot the interior of the pub in Local Hero in, when I was cycling with a friend from Glasgow over to Skye.
    Zitat Zitat von Mediterraneee Beitrag anzeigen
    I was lucky to travel four times on the Nile on the more than 100 years old steam ship, where "Death on the Nile" with Peter Ustinov as Hercule Poirot was shot. Awesome!
    Great. Now I got green with envy.

I watched "Love in the Time of Cholera" yesterday, and I was pretty disappointed. Why do they speak English with Spanish accent? The whole thing is obviously set in South America. That does not need to be stressed with accents; especially annoying is that the people in the background speak Spanish anyway. Not even the few really good scenes can make up for this disappointment.
    Anyway, I decided to read the book, since I liked the story itself.

4. User Info Menu

Good morning!
    Oh, I can understand your bother very well. When an actor speaks with an accent that he is not familiar with, it just sounds phony.
    I haven't seen the film yet, but I know that the reviews were not very positive.
    I had to google the cast, and I have to admit, that I don't know any name except Benjamin Bratt.
    Wir werden weitermachen!

5. User Info Menu

Good morning!
    Oh, I can understand your bother very well. When an actor speaks with an accent that he is not familiar with, it just sounds phony.
    I haven't seen the film yet, but I know that the reviews were not very positive.
    I had to google the cast, and I have to admit, that I don't know any name except Benjamin Bratt.
    You also know Javier Bardem - and his accent might be real.
    But I really can't recommend it. There are too many good movies out there to waste time with mediocre ones...

6. User Info Menu

Zitat Zitat von Polarstern Beitrag anzeigen
    You also know Javier Bardem - and his accent might be real.
    You're right! How could I forget this whimsical smile!
    Wir werden weitermachen!

7. User Info Menu

Hi,

to answer your question, Mediterraneee:
    Do you have any favourite quotes from a movie you've seen, which are not so good in the dubbed version?
    "Nobody puts Baby in a corner". I was lucky to see this film in Sweden, subtitled. The first time I saw the German, dubbed version, it was really bad. I was already disliking the German voices, nevertheless anticipating the scene, and then... "Mein Baby gehört zu mir." No. Way. So. Bad.
    (if anyone doesn't recognise the movie... it's Dirty Dancing, my guilty pleasure)

Anyway, I was spoilt with subtitled English TV series every summer when I was a kid and we were on vacation in Sweden.

Zitat Zitat von Halo Beitrag anzeigen
    As for sitcoms & co.: Has anybody watched "Allo, Allo", "Cold Feet", "The IT Crowd", "Secret Diary of a Call Girl"?
    I guess that's why I know (and liked) "Allo, Allo"

Anyway, my favourite (American) TV series is "Brothers and Sisters". I love the drama, family tragedies, and how they nevertheless care about each other.
    I think German TV broadcasters should show foreign TV series and movies with subtitles instead of dubbing them.

Does anyone know Doctor Who? I liked Torchwood, and that's a spin-off..

8. Inaktiver User

Zitat Zitat von Maikind77 Beitrag anzeigen
    I think German TV broadcasters should show foreign TV series and movies with subtitles instead of dubbing them.
    As a matter of fact there is just a very small minority in Germany able to speak and understand proper English, therefore it would start a revolution.

Does anyone know Doctor Who? I liked Torchwood, and that's a spin-off..
    I love Doctor Who. I've started watching it in the early 70's.

9. User Info Menu

Zitat Zitat von Inaktiver User Beitrag anzeigen
    As a matter of fact there is just a very small minority in Germany able to speak and understand proper English, therefore it would start a revolution.
    But there were no problem for the broadcasting services to transmit the movies in both languages. So the audience could choose.
    Every transmitter like "Eurosport" or sth. like this can do so.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.

William E. Henley

10. Inaktiver User

Zitat Zitat von ikara Beitrag anzeigen
    But there were no problem for the broadcasting services to transmit the movies in both languages. So the audience could choose.
    Every transmitter like "Eurosport" or sth. like this can do so.
    Eurosport is an international company. For a german broadcaster it would be to expensive for such a small market with just a limited demand.

Antworten
Seite 6 von 29 ErsteErste ... 4567816 ... LetzteLetzte