Antworten
Seite 5 von 29 ErsteErste ... 3456715 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 41 bis 50 von 288
  1. User Info Menu

AW: Who watches English/American movies in original?

Zitat Zitat von Polarstern Beitrag anzeigen

Does anyone here know My family and other animals? Arte broadcasted it somewhen last year. I think it is amazingly funny, and very well done.
    That makes me think of Home for the Holidays by Jodie Foster with Robert Downey Jr. , Holly Hunter and a brilliant Geraldine Chaplin.
    Wir werden weitermachen!

2. User Info Menu

Yes! This is one of the comedies I can watch over and over again. Also a wonderful cast, I think every family member is portrayed in a brilliant way.

Family and other animals is way more English and old-fashioned (set on Corfu in the late 30s?), but the single characters are just as good.

3. User Info Menu

Zitat Zitat von Mediterraneee Beitrag anzeigen
    The private lives of Pippa Lee (Long long time expected in Germany, really great cast and a must-have for me as a BIG Keanu-fan)
    It´s quite good. Robin Wright and Maria Bello are just wonderful.
    I watched it at the Berlinale last year, but it didn´t find a German distributor, so ít´s very unlikely, that you will ever see it in a German movie-theatre.
    But it´s out on DVD in England.
    asa nisi masa

4. User Info Menu

Lee, I read that it should come out in June.
    But nonetheless I'm gonna watch it in English, so I don't care.
    Wir werden weitermachen!

5. VIP

User Info Menu

Well, here comes another lover of English movies. To be exact I'm an avowed anglophile.

Even a shallow sitcom or drama can be quite amusing if watched in English. That is one reason why I have a subscription for Dutch cable TV. My ancestors don't dub but subtitle.

It's self-explanatory that I prefer British movies over American and expecially films that have been mentioned before like:

Much Ado about Nothing
    Pride and Prejudice
    Four Weddings and a Funeral
    Death at a Funeral
    Waking Ned
    The Full Monty
    Hot Fuzz
    Billy Elliot
    Snatch
    Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels

As for sitcoms & co.: Has anybody watched "Allo, Allo", "Cold Feet", "The IT Crowd", "Secret Diary of a Call Girl"?

Furthermore I'm a huge Tarantino fan and to get the complete meaning of his movies you just have to watch them in the original version.

I also quite enjoyed programs like "Gilmore Girls" and "Boston Legal" after I've watched the original versions for the first time. In German I would have never followed those TV-series, but when watching the original I realised the play on words which I very much enjoyed.

Ok, I'll better stop before I get too excited and start listing every single movie, drama, sitcom, comedy, serial I've ever watched...
    "You should never be a bystander."
    Roman Kent

Moderation in Allgemeines, Coronavirus, Eifersucht, Erotik, Haarpflege & Frisuren, Hautpflege & Kosmetik,
    Liebe unter dem Regenbogen, Nichtraucher, Pavillon, Rund ums Fahrzeug, Sex & Verhütung, Sportevents

6. User Info Menu

Zitat Zitat von Halo Beitrag anzeigen
    My ancestors don't dub but subtitle.
    Ancestors? Oh, then hartelijk welkom, Halo!

The Full Monty
    I love that one!

Furthermore I'm a huge Tarantino fan and to get the complete meaning of his movies you just have to watch them in the original version.
    Clear as mud.

Ok, I'll better stop
    No need to. That's why we are here.
    Wir werden weitermachen!

7. User Info Menu

Any other one here who likes the Coen Bros.?
    Wir werden weitermachen!

8. VIP

User Info Menu

Bedankt, Mediterraneee!

I'll just wait for the others to post again and meanwhile plan my next movie-comment-attack.

Groetjes
    "You should never be a bystander."
    Roman Kent

Moderation in Allgemeines, Coronavirus, Eifersucht, Erotik, Haarpflege & Frisuren, Hautpflege & Kosmetik,
    Liebe unter dem Regenbogen, Nichtraucher, Pavillon, Rund ums Fahrzeug, Sex & Verhütung, Sportevents

9. User Info Menu

Zitat Zitat von Mediterraneee Beitrag anzeigen
    Any other one here who likes the Coen Bros.?
    Yes and no. I like Fargo a lot - and think that the Big Lebowsky is hopelessly overrated.
    From the ones you posted I still haven't seen No country for old men. But it is on my to do (see) list.
    I forgot: The Sea Inside with Javier Bardem is another favourite of mine. Even if I don't understand Spanish. I own the version with English subtitles.
    Geändert von Polarstern (03.03.2010 um 13:46 Uhr)

10. User Info Menu

Zitat Zitat von Polarstern Beitrag anzeigen

Always wonderful: 'Local hero'.
    Oh yes - I happened to stop for lunch at the pub they shot the interior of the pub in Local Hero in, when I was cycling with a friend from Glasgow over to Skye. It was in the early 90ies and we had watched Local Hero on telly only a short time before, so we instantly recognized it. Of course they changed some things around, like the door to the kitchen in the movie really lead to some other room altogether.
    It was Lochailort Inn, quite close to the wee chapel with the graveyard around it - only there ist no graveyard around it in reality, they just put up a lot of styrofoam headstones. Most of the outside village scenes where shot on the east coast of Scotland in Pennan, though.
    Ich habe eine Wassermelone getragen.

Antworten
Seite 5 von 29 ErsteErste ... 3456715 ... LetzteLetzte