Antworten
Seite 4 von 29 ErsteErste ... 2345614 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 31 bis 40 von 288
  1. User Info Menu

AW: Who watches English/American movies in original?

Zitat Zitat von Mediterraneee Beitrag anzeigen
    Didn't anybody mention Fry and Laurie a few postings ago?...
    I didn't even KNOW that Hugh Laurie is British! That's what happens if you watch American TV series in German on German TV. .
    To be precise: I wrote about Jeeves and Wooster.
    On Sunday, I bought the first season of 'A bit of Fry & Laurie', but I didn't start watching them yet.

But Hugh Laurie is in so many of the 'Black Adders', didn't you see him in that? He is wonderful!

2. User Info Menu

Polarstern, thanx!

One of the best movies ever, that kindly has NEVER been dubbed anyhow is Night on Earth by Jim Jarmusch.
    ("I'm sorry I sound calm, I assure you I'm hysterical.")
    Geändert von Mediterraneee (02.03.2010 um 21:06 Uhr)
    Wir werden weitermachen!

3. User Info Menu

Yes, I saw it when it was in the cinemas for the first time. I liked it a lot. I have to find out if it is available in a video store somewhere.

4. Inaktiver User

Ooooh, Jim Jarmusch, isn't his All-in-one-Box-Thing out now? I believe I read it in some feature about his first few movies. I love Permanent Vacation, Down by Law, Stranger than Paradise.

5. User Info Menu

Oh! I didn't know about that box. Time to google...

Here are two trailers of movies, that I am really looking forward to:

Men who stare at goats (The title is so good)

The private lives of Pippa Lee (Long long time expected in Germany, really great cast and a must-have for me as a BIG Keanu-fan)
    Wir werden weitermachen!

6. User Info Menu

At the moment, I'm really into BBC period dramas. All the Jane Austen ones, especially Pride and Prejudice with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth.
    And I recently discovered Elizabeth Gaskell's North And South, also in the BBC Version. I managed to get Cranford with the fabulous Judi Dench and Wives And Daughters, based on novels by Mrs. Gaskell as well, and they're great.

Thanks very very much for the link to Coupling, I'm in stitches about it. I like it even in German, but of course it's miles better in English. I started to watch it because of Jack Davenport, whom I first noticed as Commodore Norrington in Pirates of the Caribbean I (which I've watched in English as well, naturally - so often I knew most of the dialogue by heart at the time...), but I never got to watch it regularly for some reason. Well, probably because I don't watch anything regularly on TV.

Among the films I remember to have watched in English and enjoyed are:
    Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas
    Love, Actually
    The Boat That Rocked
    Chocolat
    Pirates Of The Caribbean
    Atonement
    Happy-go-lucky
    Sense And Sensibility
    Pride And Prejudice
    Mansfield Park
    Persuasion
    Beloved Jane
    Far From The Madding Crowd
    The Good German
    Intolerable Cruelty
    The Life Of Brian
    Something's Gotta Give
    Bringing Up Baby
    Some Like It Hot
    Finding Neverland
    Sleepy Hollow
    and lots more, but it wouldn't make sense to list more, I think.

Someone said they wished for German subtitles for a germanspeaking Til Schweiger. Well, I tend to wish for a German dub voice for him, he hast such a squeaky little voice.
    And I really like Monty Python and Rowan Atkinson in his talking roles, I'm not overfond of Mr. Bean, but Blackadder ist fantastic.

When I watched Chocolat in the original version, I noticed that all the actors put on something of a French accent, and I think this was done to mask their various real accents a bit, given that there were actors from Sweden, France, Britain and the United States in leading roles, all supposedly from France.

Oh and two quirky English comedies I like very much, but only in the English original, are Saving Grace and Plots With A View, both of them with the wonderful Brenda Blethyn in the leading role.
    Ich habe eine Wassermelone getragen.

7. User Info Menu

Zitat Zitat von Mediterraneee Beitrag anzeigen
    One of the best movies ever, that kindly has NEVER been dubbed anyhow is Night on Earth by Jim Jarmusch.
    And, as you were asking for favourite quotations, I know nothing as heart-wrenching as Matti Pellonpää's (finnish) "Jo. Helsinki."
    "Eine Treppe: Sprechen - Schreiben - Schweigen"mmmmmmmmmmKurt Tucholsky

8. User Info Menu

Zitat Zitat von _tarasjugina_ Beitrag anzeigen
    Matti Pellonpää
    R.I.P.
    Wir werden weitermachen!

9. Inaktiver User

Zitat Zitat von Inaktiver User Beitrag anzeigen
    Does anybody know "Faulty Towers"

oh my god, I love it!

10. User Info Menu

Asphaltblume, gimme five!
    Zitat Zitat von Asphaltblume Beitrag anzeigen
    At the moment, I'm really into BBC period dramas. All the Jane Austen ones, especially Pride and Prejudice with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth.
    And I recently discovered Elizabeth Gaskell's North And South, also in the BBC Version. I managed to get Cranford with the fabulous Judi Dench and Wives And Daughters, based on novels by Mrs. Gaskell as well, and they're great.
    I started watching Pride and Prejudice with a friend. We promised ourself to watch only one or two, and ended up with a bottle of white wine, very dark chocolate and saw all six episodes in one long session... One of the perfect girl's evenings of my life.
    Cranford is also a family favourite, what a cast!
    Zitat Zitat von Asphaltblume Beitrag anzeigen
    Oh and two quirky English comedies I like very much, but only in the English original, are Saving Grace and Plots With A View, both of them with the wonderful Brenda Blethyn in the leading role.
    They are both wonderful. I love B.B. - luckily my partner does as well, we share our fancy for this kind of Brit comedy. It allows for an unlimited number of DVDs for birthdays and xmas.

Does anyone here know My family and other animals? Arte broadcasted it somewhen last year. I think it is amazingly funny, and very well done.

Some nice Irish ones are "The commitments", "The snapper" and the comedy where a dead man wins the lottery and the village covers up his death.

Always wonderful: 'Local hero'.

A kind of nice and slow coming-of-age movie: 'East of Ipswich', written by Michael Palin.It describes his teenage family holidays in the 50s. Kind of autobiographic (and he is still married to the girl today).
    Geändert von Polarstern (03.03.2010 um 08:33 Uhr)

Antworten
Seite 4 von 29 ErsteErste ... 2345614 ... LetzteLetzte