Antworten
Seite 2 von 29 ErsteErste 123412 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 11 bis 20 von 288
  1. User Info Menu

AW: Who watches English/American movies in original?

Do you have any favourite quotes from a movie you've seen, which are not so good in the dubbed version?
    Wir werden weitermachen!

2. Inaktiver User

I also love to watch films in the original version. I started out with Star Trek and since my roots are American based films in British English are hard for me to understand. Though I must say that "Bend it like Beckham" has become one of my favorites.
    I believe that once you have grown accustomed to the original voices of actors you can not stand the German version - most of the sense just vanishes by translation. English is so much richer with connoations than the plain German translation.

Are there any fims you can recommend to me?

3. User Info Menu

Nathalie,
    concerning the voices I think it depends on how often you heard them.
    If you always watch films in English and then turn to the dubbed versions it surely must sound strange. I think this would be the same if we watched a German film e.g. with Til Schweiger in a dubbed version in English (I never did that).

Recommend? Which genre do you like?
    I think that especially comedy is much better in English.
    One of my favourites is "Steel magnolias". I love it. Especially "Ouiser Boudreaux" (Shirley McLain).
    Another one is "American Beauty". Not a comedy in pure form, but the voice-overs of Lester Burnham (Kevin Spacey) are kick-ass.
    Wir werden weitermachen!

4. User Info Menu

Encouraged by our lovely Mediteraneee , I'll try to write about the english movies in original version I've seen the last two years.

If you don't understand the wish-wash I write, please let me know!

Two years I started to watch english movies to practice my English. At first I watched films I knew in german version with english subtitles. The next step were english movies I didn't knew before with (english) subtitles. Now I try to watch all the moies without subtitles.

In the beginning the original voices seemed confusing. Now I can't switch back to the dubbing voices.

To write about the movies is my next challenge!

In the last year I've seen all the movies I could get in the video rental store. I don't think I can remember all. Here is a short selection:

I liked

Frost/Nixon (the first one I saw in cinema an without subtitles )
    The Reader
    Australia
    Righteous Kill
    Gran Torino
    Milk
    Revolutionary Road
    Changeling

In the moment I mostly like movies with actors who speak very clearly.

And now I'm very exhausted by writing this post and need a break.

See you soon!

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.

William E. Henley

5. Inaktiver User

Mediterranee, the last film I watched was "It's complicated". I love Merryl Streep and admire her choice of roles. Meg Ryan is another favorite of mine. And of course I love all kind of films based on literature.

6. User Info Menu

For people with a strange sense of humour I can recommend 'Six feet under' or 'Black books' (both TV series).

A wonderful documentary is 'Himalaya' by Michael Palin. He travels amazing landscapes, meets lovely or strange people and comments all this in a very British way. Definitely the best of his travel documentaries.

7. Inaktiver User

Speaking of "a strange sense of humor" : I love everything by Rowan Atkinson, the TALKING ones like Black Adder or Rowan Atkinson live. And then, my all time favourites: The Monty Pythons. Does anybody know "Faulty Towers" or "Do not adjust your set"? Life of Brian? The Holy Grail?

8. Inaktiver User

Zitat Zitat von Inaktiver User Beitrag anzeigen
    Speaking of "a strange sense of humor" : I love everything by Rowan Atkinson, the SPEAKING ones like Black Adder or Rowan Atkinson live. And then, my all time favourites: The Monty Pythons. Does anybody know "Faulty Towers" or "Do not adjust your set"? Life of Brian? The Holy Grail?
    I've loved Black Adder and Farty Towels....I mean Fawlty Towers.

Does anyone know "Coupling" ?

9. User Info Menu

ikara, hats off! Although I have seen none of the films you mention.

Oooh, Orlando, you hit the bull's-eye!
    I LOVE them.
    Especially the Four Yorkshiremen (think I posted it in the forum about three or four times).
    I was glad to join my English Theatre Club playing this.
    Wir werden weitermachen!

10. User Info Menu

Zitat Zitat von Inaktiver User Beitrag anzeigen
    Does anyone know "Coupling" ?
    Yes! (wrote about it somewhere above)
    Extremely funny and they just killed it with the German dubbing.
    I love so many of them, but the wooden leg is my favourite.

Antworten
Seite 2 von 29 ErsteErste 123412 ... LetzteLetzte